Friday, January 22, 2016

Gudetama Crate from Okashda review!

Legend has it, that in 2016, a candy and merchandise crate would be released that would be filled with amazing Gudetama items for all Gudetama lovers to enjoy...
well my friends, that Gudetama crate does in fact exist, and I just received it TODAY!! The Gudetama crate, released by Okashda, contains some of the most sought-after  Gudetama candies and merchandise from Japan! Now, it is time to reveal the legendary egg crate~
The Gudetama crate came wrapped like a present, with an orange ribbon and cute "gift tags" attatched! This was probably the best-dressed subscription box I've ever gotten *0*

Inside, I was greeted by Gudetama-folder saying "dull" what did you call my you little punk
All I can say is, Okashda must have teamed up with Gudetama himself to make this crate, because I can't believe all the awsome Gudetama things I'm seeing! Time to dig in~

The first items I pulled out were the mini Gudetama egg chocolates! (I had to because they were small and adorable) Each chocolate was individually wrapped, almost similar to a jelly or pudding. They were made of white chocolate and were very smooth and yummy =w=
The next item in the crate was this Gudetama bath bomb with a little Gudetama prize inside! 
-one bath later-
 Inside the bath bomb (which smelled like oranges btw), was a gudetama "hidden egg" charm! If you pull up on the egg shell, it will reveal a little Gudetama inside, which was super cute. I have wanted a Gudetama bath bomb for a while, but the only ones I were able to find were waaaay overpriced, so I'm glad this was included!

The next item I received was a bag of Gudetama candies! 
 Each candy wrapper had a different picture of Gudetama on it! Each candy had a hard, orange-flavored coating and a chewy yogurt center! I have tried these candies once before, only I think those were yogurt flavored. Both flavors were very tangy and sweet~
(also, I thought I might add that I found a VERY SPECIAL Castella Gudetama on one of the wrappers, which match my plushies:
 beautiful)
 The next item in the crate was this cute little Gudetama hand towel! It was very soft, and had a stiff orange tag on the side (not sure if it was supposed to be removed, but it looked fancy so I kept it) I'm also a huge fan of small cute towels ;w;
The next candy I got was a bag of Gudetama chewy taffies!
Similar to the first bag, these candies also each had a different Gudetama on each wrapper! The red wrappers had lemon-flavored candies, and the yellow wrappers had ornge flavored ones. These were very soft and chewy, and tasted amazing 

The next item I got was a set of mini Gudetama envelopes!
 Each envelope was very small, and came with a strip of gudetama stickers. These are meant for very teeny letters xD
 
 The next item I received was a bag of Gudetama gummies! I have tried these once before, they are coated in a bit of sugar and taste like orange and lemon. The texture can be somewhat jelly-ish rather than gummy, but I always enjoy them because they are shaped like different Gudetamas~

Next was this cute little Gudetama note pad! Each page had a Gudetama image on it (the one on the front of the pad)
 
 The last Gudetama item I received was this Gudetama folder! Gudetama appears to be having a dull day on this one. I like how, in more character-themes crates, a character folder in included! 
PS: Simon decided to join us for the review, as usual
 
~Thoughts~
 
Overall, I thought this Gudetama crate was so much fun to open, and it had even more awesome Gudetama items in it than I expected! All the Gudetama items in this crate were items that I believe just about any Gudetama fan would go crazy for, especially the bath bomb and the gummies. Plus, many of the items included in this crate only sell individually and are overpriced, so I'm glad this crate included them all for a decent price. I was so happy that a subscription box finally decided to make a Gudetama crate, and I would totally recommend Okashda for any future crates!
 
Since this Okashda crate was a one-time crate, I think it's already sold out, but if you want to sign up for Okashda and any next character crates they will have, you can go here to subscribe!

 Thank you Okashda for the amazing Gudetama crate, and thank you everyone for reading!





 

1 comment:

Pink Ice Cream Bar