Monday, January 4, 2016

Devil666ish review!

Hey everyone! Today I'm going to show you what I ordered from Devilish (or Devil666ish, as they're also known).
Devilish is a clothing brand specializing in very unique and "edgy" clothing and accessories, many of which are creepy and unique from any other shops that I've come accross! There were a few items that I've had my eye on for a while, so I decided to purchase them on Christmas eve. Here are the shop's photos of the items I bought:
Faux Fox scarf
Fallen Angel Choker
Fallen Angel ankle cuff
 
My package arrived in a box that had appeared to have been on quite a journey, considering some of the dents
 Inside the cardboard box, was the package with my order with the brand's logo on the front. I'm glad it came wrapped in a second package, otherwise I would have been a little upset in how it arrived due to how much I paid for it
 and inside that package were my items!
 
 The forst item I purchased was this faux Fox scarf! I love how fox scarves look, but I would hate to own a real one, so this scarf was a nice alternative~
little face
little paws
The scarf came with a collar, which can also be used as a bracelet
 As cute as this scarf was and as much as I like it, it did come with a few flaws.
First, the eyes on the scarf didn't seem to be in the best condition. The right eye had a yellow spot in the center, while the other did not, plus the pegs/backings of the pupils were visible through the eye. The fur around the eyes was also an orange-brown color, which wasn't too apparent in the stock photos (it appeared black). On the little collar it came with, the heart was movable, meaning that it was loose enough to turn position on the collar rather easily. This scarf is still very cute in my opinion, but for what I paid I was a little disheartened to see that the quality was not on par with the price.
 
 The next item I bought was this Fallen Angel choker! I had been wanting this choker for sooooo long because of the cute wings and the pretty purple it came in. 
This choker is very cute, but, sadly, it also came with some flaws. First, the material it was made from wansn't very high quality, sort of like a painted cork-leather. The ends of the choker were exposed, showing the brown material at the ends. The wings were fastened rather crookedly to the choker, making them appear lopsided. (I decided to look at the photo of the choker being modeled, and the wings were in fact crooked on that one, too). 
 The biggest issue I have with the choker is that it was missing the metal heart at the front, which according to the stock photos, was supposed to be included:
I think that is what upset me the most, because the front of the choker is rather plain without the little heart (the wings are supposed to go in the back). I decided to contact Devilish and inform them that the choker was missing the heart and that the wings were crooked, and they responded very quickly, telling me that they would send another one. (I will update once I receive it)
 
The last item I bought was the Fallen Angel ankle cuff, to match the choker I bought. Thankfully, there were no apparent flaws on this one. The cuff's wing was fastened on straight, and it was made from the same material as the choker. I think this was very cute!

 ~My Thoughts~
 
To be absolutely honest, I was not very impressed with the quality of the items I received. Although the ankle cuff was in good condition, the fox scarf had many small flaws that I wouldn't have expected to see for the price I paid. Plus, it was a bit smaller than I expected. The thing that upset me the most was the fact that not only was the collar lopsided/made out of cheap material, it was actually incomplete.  For $38, I would have expected the collar to be in A+++ condition. Even though the shop offered to send me a new one, they shouldn't have had to in the first place if they sent me what was promised. The way I would describe the overall quality of the items would be kind of like "Halloween costume quality," in that it looks cool but probably wont last very long due to cheap materials.
As I stated before, I feel rather stupid for how much I paid after seeing the quality. I paid $156 ($23 of that was shipping) for the three items, which was very expensive in my opinion. I may be being too picky here, but for $23 shipping I also expected the items to maybe arrive in a nicer box.
 On a lighter note, I will say that the ideas for the items are very unique and very different. I loved that the fox scarf came with a collar that could also be worn as a bracelet, and that it had very soft fur and cute little feet. I liked how adorable the choker and ankle cuff were, and how the wings go in the back (as opposed to the front, as that's all I've seen). The wings on the choker/cuff were also very detailed, and  fact that they both went together was probably why I bought both. I also appreciated the fact that they responded quickly and offered to send me a new choker when I told them mine was flawed. 
 
If you are interested in any of these items, you can check out Devil666ish store here, just be aware that the prices are rather high considering the quality is questionable.  
 
Thank you everyone for reading~!


 

2 comments:

  1. It looks so cool can I have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually that store needs to be shut down have u read the tos? I spent like $500 and didn't get to wear anything without it falling apart.

    ReplyDelete

Pink Ice Cream Bar