Thursday, September 10, 2015

Foodesu candy box! August review

(get 10% off using the code "peachbooty" when you order from Foodesu!)
Hey everyone! Today I want to share with you an awesome candy box I got from Foodesu Box Co! Foodesu is a Japanese candy store that Japanese candy boxes and samplers, as well as indivudual candies!

The Foodesu Box (standard box) contains anywhere from 5-10 full sized snacks and at least one DIY kit for a total of $20!  Plus, Foodesu has added an option to have a gachapon included in your box for only $1.25 extra! 

Foodesu also sells candy sampler packages, which contain twelve small snacks, and on occasion, a few full-sized ones! (check out my review for the Foodesu sampler here)
 


 My Foodesu goodies came in a large brown envelope, with a kawaii face drawn on the front saying "handle me with care, I'm fragile!" (Which is very important when your mailman tends to shove your precious packages in your teeny mailbox ;o; )
The envelope cam sealed with the. most. adorable. tape. EVER. Look at those little burgers and corn dogs with faces (I actually peeled the tape off super carefully and kept it xD)


The candies came wrapped in adorable pink wrapping paper with little sparkly sequins on it, along with a thank you note
 The note was hand-written in pink pen~ PLUS I received two peices of cute note paper!! (^▽^) Thank youu~


look at that glorious feast
I received one DIY kit, four full-sized candies, AND a baggie of littel candies!! ( ゚∀ ゚) 

Strawberry Taiyaki Fish
 The first candy I got was a strawberry taiyaki fish! (I love pink. I love fishies. I love this.) The wrapper was light pink with shiny little magenta polka dots on it~
 The taiyaki candy was a pale pink and a lot larger than I expected! (about the size of my hand). on the outside it was a flakey, almost wafer-like texture with an airy, strawberry mousse filling (-v- ) perfection. 

Lotte Star Wars chocolate wafer
 The next candy I received was a Lotte Star Wars chocolate-filled wafer bar! I really love the Lotte wafers because they have very colorful and cute artwork
Guest appearance: Space Armin


Two wafers with chocolate filling in the middle! Plus, inside was a shiny Star Wars sticker :D I have no clue who it is

Umaibo Teriyaki Burger
The next candy I got was an Umaibo Teriyaki Burger! 
 As you can see, it is not actually burger-it's a large, teriyaki-flavored corn puff! (basically) It tasted AMAZING. It was very light and crispy, with a powerful teriyaki chip flavor. I could have eaten about ten more
Watapachi Watermelon Popping Candy Floss 
 that's a mouthful to say
Watapachi Watermelon candy, aka cotton candy rectangle with awesome packaging
 Plus, on the back of each package is a little comic!
What happens when you mix watermelon-flavored cotton candy with pop rocks?
beautiful things.
This candy really is a piece of watermelon cotton candy with pop rocks inside! It's sour but not too sour, and satisfies any sour/sugary candy cravings you have! Plus, the pop rock pieces inside give it a nice crunch (*≧▽≦) (I received the grape version in another candy box, and it wasn't nearly as good as this one)
Okashi Na Mizu Ame DIY
(I love the little ghost up there)
Okashi Na mizu Ame candy is suppsed to be a color-changing AND flavor changing DIY kit!
 Time to get making!
The kit included a clear plastic mixing tray, a little mixing spatula, and three liquid candy flavor packets (Ramune, Lemon, and Strawberry)
 (I found all the instructions for this DIY kit here!)
 Step 1: pour Ramune liquid into tray and taste
Step 2: Add in the lemon liquid, stir, then take another taste (tasted like...lemon and Ramune)
Step 3: add in the strawberry liquid, stir, aaandd...
Ta daaa! After maybe ten seconds of stirring, the candy should begin to turn purple. I took a taste,and the candy tasted like grape! So with my limited mathmatics skills, I have concluded that Ramune+Lemon+Strawberry=Grape....not sure how that works out, but it did *0* DIY kits are magical, aren't they?
Candy Goodie bag
Last but not least, I was sent a small goodie bag of random tiny candies! 
(Green seemed to be a big theme this time)
Inside the bag were a mini jello, a guava hard candy, a melon Milkita, and a little container of stickers! (☆▽☆) how cute!
(close up of sticker chips) AHHH they're sparkly and food-shaped and cute (●♡∀♡) I love them !



 ☆~Ratings~☆
quality:♥♥♥♥♥
I was absolutely in love with this candy package! It was like only the best, cutest, and most fun candies were chosen~ I think the taiyaki was my favorite~

Shipping: ♥♥♥♥♥
Shipping was free, so that's ALWAYS great! It arrived within a few days from the time I received the email that it had been sent out

cost:♥♥♥♥♥
Each Foodesu box is only $20, which is cheaper than many other boxes this size

overall:♥♥♥♥♥
Overall, I was very happy with this candy box! Shipping was free and quick, the candy was a reasonable price, and only the most delicious candies were chosen, in my opinion~ I had a great time tasting each candy and making the DIY kit, plus it was just enough candy for me to be able to finish in one day! (some candy boxes send TONS, which isn't bad, but after the first day I am candied out with a box of opened, leftover candy that may not get eaten ;o;) 
Also, I would highly recommend Foodesu as a Japanese candy box for anyone just getting into Japanese candy, or for those who can't or don't want to commit themselves to a monthly charge. Because Foodesu boxes are ordered through storenvy, you can buy boxes and samplers as you please, and not be forced to subscribe and cancel every time you want a candy box. Foodesu Box Co gets five shiny stars this month for awesome candy!

Want to try Foodesu yourself? You can order your Foodesu box or sampler here! Foodesu also has just opened up a new candy shop selling individual candies from Japan, which you can check out here ~ You can use the code "peachbooty" to get 10% off your order!

Also, feel free to leave a little donation to the lovely people behind Foodesu working to bring us awesome candies from Japan (´∀`)♡ click here to donate~!

Thank you Foodesu for the awesome candy box, and thank you everyone for reading!





 



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pink Ice Cream Bar