Friday, September 18, 2015

Squishies from TaoBao! haul/review

Hey everybody! Today I'm going to share with you some squishies I bought from TaoBao!
(* >ω<) 

***DISCLAIMER: now as many of you know, TaoBao doesn't exacly have a sparkling clean reputation. The internet is full of TaoBao horror stories of never receiving items, receiving fake or broken things, and even merchants cleaning out customer's bank accounts. That, my friends, is why you must always use a shopping agent (I rely on TaoBao Focus for my TaoBao shopping) I tend to shop on TaoBao quite often and have experienced the good and bad, but I have mostly been satisfied. I also realize and accept that almost nothing I buy from TaoBao is going to be in "perfect" condition.

Anyways, I decided to hunt down some squishies for my TaoBao haul. Here were the squishies that I decided to buy (photos from the individual shops):
I-bloom replica cake squishy (choco)
 Taiyaki mini fish squishy/dust plug (pink)
 Festival grilled squid on a stick squishy (plain)
Festival hot dog on a stick squishy (plain)
Mushroom Dog squishy (random)

Funassyi squishy
Since all of these were super cheap, I decided to get a lot

Because I purchased my items using a shopping service, I had to wait for the items to arrive at the warehouse, then have the warehouse ship the items to me. This means that shipping does take kind of a while. (I think in total it took about two weeks from the time I placed my order to the time it arrived, which wasn't too bad in my opinion)
"please write quantity and detailed description of contents."
"gift."
Slow down TaoBao Focus, you don't need to go into THAT much detail
(I'm not sure how Taobao Focus does it, but they always manage to cram your entire order into a teeny box, with nothing damaged or bent.This is what it looked like when I tried to stuff everything back in the box)

Here are all the items I ordered! Plus...a second grilled squid squishy?? (O_O;) I'm not sure if that was a mistake or not, but it was a happy surprise~! Each squishy was individually wrapped and had their original tags (if they were sold with tags)

 IT'S SO CUTE. AND SMALL. AND PINK (●´□`)♡ I am in love. This squishy was very small, but I believe it was the real deal because it had the same tags and sticker that my legit mini taiyaki's had. It was very squishy and soft, and had a slightly sticky texture
 The next squishies I received were the two girlled squid festival squishies. The shading on these were AMAZING, very realistic and detailed. Plus, they came with cute pink keychains (●´∀`)♡ 
(back)
Again, I think these are also the real festival food squishies because they came with the same tags as I have seen the other ones come with. They were very smooth and squishy (even the stick was squishy!) I really liked these ones as well!

 (I can't decide which look more delicious, the hot dog or the squid!)
The second squishy I got was this festival foods hot dog squishy. This one came with it's original tags as well, and was very realistic and nicely shaded. And, just like the squids, it was very soft and squishy and came with a pink keychain~

 The next squishy I had received was this cute Funassyi squishy!
(back)
To be honest I'm not sure if this one is the real Funassyi squishy or not. It came with an authentic looking tag, but there were some defects (maybe it was real but just a defected one) The defects included some paint thinning and a slightly ripped arm
(poor Funassyi arm(´д`))
On the bright side, this squishy was very soft and squishy, and had bright happy colors. Also, the little leaf on it's head wasn't squishy, but regular plastic. Even with the defects, I still thought it was cute
 
 The next squishy I bought was this cute little pink and white "mushroom dog." It doesn't look like a muschroom or a dog in my opinion, but it's still very cute xD
(back) 
This squishy was a random select, meaning that I received one of six possible poses/expressions (I got the little angry face >:3) This little dude was very small, and soft, but not very slow rising. (Also I think I see a little mushroom on his ear. I now see why they call it "mushroom" dog)

And last (and sort of least) was the I-bloom cake replica squishy. I had originally ordered the white cake, but they were sold out, so I chose the chocolate one instead.
This squishy was larger than I expected, and very detailed. It had minor surface defects like small spots. Sadly though, this squishy was not at ALL squishy. It was made of a hard foam, similar to the kind you would find in athletic shoes. It was impossible to even squish it a little bit(︶︹︺) which is sad because it is very pretty. 
On the other hand, it is more sturdy than a squishy, so maybe I can attach it to my bag or something without the risk of having it tear or get easily damaged. Even though it isn't squishy, I don't regret buying it because it is still very cute to look at
 
~Ratings~☆
quality:♥
I would give the overall quality of all these squishies a three out of five stars. The festival squishies and mini taiyaki were in perfect condition, but the others weren't, especially the Funassyi (had many defects) and cake (which wasn't squishy). 

shipping:
The shipping has to do with TaoBao Focus, not really the squishies. I would give the shipping four stars because everything was shipped quicky and packaged carefully with no space in the box unused. Shipping came to about $26. TaoBao Focus is kind of expensive when it comes to shipping, but I understand that I am paying for shipping two separate times
cost:1/2
I paid a total of $27.39 for the items plus commission fees, and $26.24 for the total shipping, which came to $53.63. That averages out to about $7.50 per squishy. It seems expensive when fully added up, but the squishies themselves were very cheap (again, most of the cost was commission/shipping, which doesn't have to do with the actual squishies). Even though two were defected, I wasn't unhappy with what I paid for them. I have also seen the festival squishies selling for as high as $10
overall:♥1/2
Overall,  I would give the overall Taobao squishy shopping experience three and a half stars. Even though I was satisfied with the majority of my order,I know many people wouldn't be because of the two defected ones and the "bootleg" mushroom dog. Of course, I also wish that Funassyi and the cake were in better condition. I would recommend buying squishies from Taobao if you are looking for very cheap squishies, and willing to take the risk of having them be replicas or defected. Because TaoBao is usually where replica items are sold, I was surprised that I got four legitimate squishies in perfect condition . Again, I was more or less satisfied with my order, but I would probably avoide purchasing squishies from TaoBao in the future unless they were from sellers I trust.
Thank you for reading!      











No comments:

Post a Comment

Pink Ice Cream Bar