Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Tokyo Otaku Mode Haul/Review !

Hey everyone! Today I want to share with you this GIANT and extremely fluffy order I bought from Tokyo Otaku Mode
Tokyo Otaku Mode (or TOM) is an otaku's dream. TOM sells everything from kawaii plushies and keychains, to fashion and magazines, to figures and phone accessories! It's truly an amazing place (╯✧∇✧)╯ TOM also offers lots and lots of coupons, discounts, and points, which is good for people like me who order truckloads of things xD
Here is what I ordered (images from TOM):
Feneky Fox large plush (Kikko)
Punitto Kanshoku! Cat paw mascots(black, white, and calico)
Neko Atsume rubber 3-way strap
Mameshiba San Kyoudai Homestay standard plush (Sasuke)
 I just realized this was kind of a cat and dog themed haul (^-人-^)(❍ᴥ❍ʋ) All of these lovely items arrived in a gigantic box. And when I say gigantic, I mean gigantic.
Look at that
The box was nearly as long as my bed is wide (○□○) This big box arrived within five days of being shipped from Japan, which is very fast! Kudos on safe and speedy shipping~
 Here is everything that I pulled out of the box: my order PLUS
 A FREE FOLDER
WITH MY ORDER SLIP INSIDE *0*  Even the order slip was packed safely! The folder was also very pretty and beautifully drawn(´∀`)♡
 The things that I ordered where tightly packed in a layer of plastic wrap, with the cat strap taped to the front. Peeling the tape off of the strap was kind of tricky, and it left some sticky residue on the packaging ; 3 ; 
 Punitto Kanshoku paws ($3.99 USD each)
 The first items I pulled out were the three cat paw plushies I ordered! Each one was individually wrapped~
 (front)
 (back)
I ordered the paws in black, white, and calico.  These paws were super soft and had sort of a velvety texture, plus, the little toe beans/paw pads were squishy! 
The tag made me laugh xD the cat just looks so..so serious
Although the paws were very soft and cute, they didn't arrive in purrrfect condidtion (yes you can kill me now). They were wrapped so tightly that the keychains got smashed into the soft paw pads, leaving very noticable and deep dents:
I was hoping that maybe they would sort of poof back up, but they show no signs of doing so. 
The black paw had no dents, but there was a gap between part of the toe bean and the plush paw, with glue showing. (sorry if it's hard to see here) It isn't as noticable as the other two, but I worry that the little toe squishy might fall off if I'm not careful.
Neko Atsume Strap ($4.69 USD)
 The next goodie I pulled out was this cute little Neko Atsume strap! 


The strap features a cute white kitty with a pink ball of yarn, as well as a 3-way strap (phone plug, phone strap, and key clip) Also I love it's littel butt xD This strap was very cute (。・ω・。)ノ♡

HIS LITTLE FACE. I think this doggy just stole my heart ; w ; I love his little scarf and pink cheeks!
Okay, I admit, this doll can't actually stand up on it's own so I used tape to help him out. I'm not sure how they got him to stand up in the TOM images. Maybe they used tape also xD I really loved this plushy, and it's fur was very soft, like all Amuse plushies(´∀`) Also, I got this plush on a 20% off sale, which was great!


And last but not least, here is the VERY BIG Feneky Fox plush that I ordered! It was actually so large that I had trouble taking decent images 
(front)
(back)
This fox's name was Kikko, and was also on a 20% off sale! Because this is an Amuse plushy also, the fur was reeaaally soft and fun to pet (-w-) I also loved the Pink ribbon around it's neck! It's ears got a little bit bent in the packing, but I'm sure they'll straighten out soon.
~Ratings~☆
 Quality: ♥♥
 The items were all adorable, but there were a few defects, mainly due to packing.Even so, I was pleased with everything!
Shipping: ♥♥
It arrived very quickly, especially coming from Japan. The shipping cost came to $18, which was a little expensive, but it was worth it for the fast shipping.
Cost:♥♥
I would give the overall cost of the order five stars! The total of all six items plus shipping came to $55.24. I would consider the price of each individual item very affordable, and easily cheaper than most online stores. In addition, I had $5 in TOM points to spend, so I got $5 off of my entire order! 
Overall:♥♥
Overall, I was very happy with everything1 The items I received had a few defects, but the cost was reasonable and I received a great discount. I really loved all of the items I received, and would order from TOM again! (actually, I have another order on it's way!) I would maybe consider ordering another cat paw, even with the risk of defects because I found them very cute and cheap. I secretly want the whole collection xD I would recommend TOM to anyone who doesn't have access to both popular and harder to fins Japanese items, and who prefer fast shipping. PLUS they have a huge selection of kawaii and cat-related items, which I would recommend to cat lovers like me (ノ≧∀≦)ノ
You can check out Tokyo Otaku Mode here, and by signing up with this link, you get $10 off your first order!   
Thank you for reading!  








 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pink Ice Cream Bar